Now, no nightmare such that anymore, but still I love this type of risol. I sometimes sneaked out and went to Tanjung, a small bakery which have the best mayo risol in the town. But during those lazy walking time, I prefer to make it by myself at home. Though, I admit, I still need to learn how to make a really thinny wrapper as they have.
As always, I have got the recipe from NCC website. I write it down for you below :
Source : Fatmah Bahalwan, NCC
- 100 gr flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 pcs eggs
- 250 ml milk
- 1 tbs butter, melt
- margarine to spread
- Shieve flour, put inside a bowl with salt. Make a hole in the middle, break eggs in it and stir uni directionally.
- Add milk gradually, to create a smooth batter
- Add melted butter and mix thoroughly
- Close batter with plastic, set aside for 30 minutes
- Grease 12 cm omelette pan with margarine and heat up
- Pour 1/2 cup of batter on pan, spread batter evenly. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- 4 pcs of smoked beef, cut 1x3 cm
- 100 gr of grated cheddar cheese
- 4 pcs of boiled egg, cut into small pieces
- 1 pcs egg beaten
- 250 gr of bread crumb
- 1/2 kg of palm oil
- Lay one skin/wrapper on a flat plate.
- Put smoked beef, cheese and egg on top of it as much as you like... :P
- Fold wrapper to make an envelope shape
- Set aside
- Repeat with remaining wrapper and filling
- Dip risol in beaten eggs, then roll over on bread crumbs.
- Cool in refrigerator for an hour
- Heat oil for deep-frying .
- Add risol in small batches and fry, turning occasionally, about 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
Serve warm with tomato or chili ketchup. Yummy....
So go get the ingredients, fill, fry, and enjoy them with a sip of sweet lemon tea on a warm afternoon. Trust me, you will never regret.