Saturday, October 9, 2010

Cheesy Tuna Pasta

Hi Saturday,
It's weekend already, and I am extremely happy. I was quite sad on few last days, and so happy after had a short chat with my dearest mate Mutiara this morning. Thanks Muti for encouraging me and keeping my feet on the ground.
Ok, enough for the prologue now let's go to the cooking matter. Again, I've got a magazine from Myrna when she came home last week from Australia, and it really makes me happy because beside getting a lot of recipes I can get lots of inspiration by seeing nice unique food photos from it. I browse the magazine fastly and look at this healthy pasta and cheese recipe. I believe that my daughter, K, would love it too. So after the lovely chatting with Mutiara I then prepared this food for breakfast on a rainy happy Saturday. By the way, sorry for the bad picture. Later on I will try to take a better picture if I remake this food (and I know I will).


Cheesy Tuna Pasta Bake
Source : Australian Good Food Magazine with some modification by me

Ingredients
250g macaroni
60g butter
35g plain flour
1 tsp curry powder (I skipped this)
625 ml low fat milk (any kind milk will do)
120g of frozen peas (I used frozen peas, carrot and corn)
90g grated reduced fat-cheddar (I used regular cheddar)
pinch of grated nutmeg
425 g can tuna in water, drained, flaked
2 slices white bread, roughly torn
2 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley (I skipped this)
200g salad greens, to serve (I skipped this)

How To

  1. Preheat oven to 230C, grease a 6 cup capacity ovenproof dish.
  2. Cook macaroni, according to package directions. Drain.
  3. Meanwhile, melt butter in a pan on meium heat. Add flour, and curry powder if using and cook. Stirring for 1 minute until colour lightens. Gradually stir in milk and cook, stirring for 2-3 minutes until sauce boils and thicken (I turned off the fire, until all portion of milk were added, to reduce heat).
  4. Add frozen vegetables, 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese and nutmeg. Season and stir for 1 minute until cheese melts.
  5. Add macaroni and tuna and stir to combine. Pour into prepared dish. Combine bread pieces, remaining cheddar and parsley and scatter over pasta mixture. Bake for 15 mintues, until golden. Serve with salad. 
This was a "tongue spoiling" breakfast for us. The taste is just right in our mouth.


It is easy to make, only half an hour preparation time and 20 minutes baking time. Will give you sufficient calory to start the day, and yet, really healthy for our lil daughter K and also for you, yes you.... so why don't you try it and have a perfect morning as we had. 
 

2 comments: