Yes, I am in my third challenge of Klub Berani Baking. Now we have to make any baked food (cakes or pudding) which recipe made by Indonesian and add some spun sugar decoration on top of it. Exciting, right ?!
So, after receiving the challenge mail, I tried to make the spun sugar first as I have no clue on how to do it. Seems difficult for me, and after few video watching on you tube, I sacrifice my one and only but ugly balloon whisk and start boiling sugar and water with composition 2:1.
I put two pipe covered with foil and seal it to two chairs. As you can see on the picture on the right .
After the caramel formed, put the torned whisk, pull out and simply swing it on top (around 20 cm tall) of those two pipes. Voila,, they will look like this.... and it is not difficult at all... yippiiii
And then, start from the bottom, with my hand I push them upward and make a "nest like" spun sugar... :)
By the way those are my way, while here is what written in the KBB mail if you need more serious reference :
To put these spun sugar decoration on, I chose a recipe that I have got from a local Magazine named Sekar.
I made a Banana Caramel Pudding which is baked. Here is the recipe :
Source : Sekar Magazine 51/11 edition
200 ml of fresh milk
100 grams of banana
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
200 grams sugar
1 tbs corn starch
1/2 tsp of salt
100 gram sugar
50 ml water
1. Make caramel with C ingredients by heating sugar on low heat, and after the caramel formed pour water and stir it quickly.
2. Pour caramel in to four heat resistance bowl.
3. Blend ingredients A in a blender to form a smooth mixture.
4. Mix mixture A with ingredients B using a handheld mixer on low speed only to make a homogen mixture.
5. Filter the mixture, and pour into the bowl pre-filled with caramel.
6. Put the bowl inside a leak-free pan, and fill the pan with water.
7. Bake them in the oven for 30 minutes in 160 degree celcius temperature until firm.
Here is how the pudding like after finished.
Made in Indonesia
Made in Indonesia Plus
a review about the pudding. the taste is a lot better than I expected. Do not like cinnamon really much, but surprisingly it taste really good when combined with Banana. Don't believe me? Well just try the recipe and tell me what you think !!
Have a banana day.... :)