You can't imagine how happy I was when finally I could make this really delicious crunchy unbearable yummy cookies. This used to be my favourite cookie of all time, and I could finish one jar on my own.
I had the recipe once from my mother in law, but at that time I didn't have passion on baking like now. Later on I asked my office mate to copy the recipe for me, but I didn't hesitate to try since she told me that you'll need a lot of efforts to spuit the batter into a baking pan... SIGH
Fortunately I found NCC, a really helpful cooking club filled with really nice experts and fellows of baker. I've got the recipe and red all the posting about how to succesfully make this cookies.
Now I can make this cookie on my own, finish it by myself, took a picture, and share it to you...
One hint that I got from Mrs. Dewi Anwar of NCC... if you want to reduce the effort while spuiting the batter... mix cheese with the help of a hand mixer so that they will be crushed into small piece and won't clog your spuit head.
Here is the recipe which I've got from NCC :
300 gr of sago flour
2 pcs of pandan leaves
100 gr margarine
50 gr of butter
150 gr of castor sugar
1 egg yolk
100 gr of grated edam (old) cheese
50 ml of coconut milk
How to :
- Heat over a pan, sagoo flour and pandan leaves, with low heat until pandan leaves turned to dry. Set aside.
- Mix margarine and butter to soft and white batter, add sugar and yellow eggs mix thoroughly.
- Add sagoo flour and gratted cheese one at a time, mix and add coconut milk.
- Put batter into a pastry bag fitted with star shaped spuit. Spray the batter into a baking pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes with temperature around 150 degree celcius
source : ncc indonesia (fatmah bahalwan)